Questo argomento contiene 1 risposta, ha 1 partecipante, ed è stato aggiornato da schermaglie 2 mesi, 3 settimane fa.
25 Ottobre 2020 alle 2:35 am #14501
by Helen Frost
- Author: Helen Frost
- Publisher: Square Fish
- ISBN: 9781250753519 (1250753511)
- Release date: August 11, 2020
- Ages: 12+
- Format: paperback, 208 pages
- Language: english
About The Book
Written in beautifully structured verse, Helen Frost’s Crossing Stones captures nine months in the lives of two resilient families struggling to stay together and cross carefully, stone by stone, into a changing world.
Maybe you won’t rock a cradle, Muriel.
Some women seem to prefer to rock the boat.
Eighteen-year-old Muriel Jorgensen lives on one side of Crabapple Creek. Her family’s closest friends, the Normans, live on the other. For as long as Muriel can remember, the families’ lives have been intertwined, connected by the crossing stones that span the water. But now that Frank Norman — who Muriel is just beginning to think might be more than a friend — has enlisted to fight in World War I and her brother, Ollie, has lied about his age to join him, the future is uncertain.
As Muriel tends to things at home with the help of Frank’s sister, Emma, she becomes more and more fascinated by the women’s suffrage movement, but she is surrounded by people who advise her to keep her opinions to herself. How can she find a way to care for those she loves while still remaining true to who she is?
Hardcover book Crossing Stones by Helen Frost buy. Hardback Crossing Stones read iPad on Audible. PDF ebook Crossing Stones download for Android.
25 Ottobre 2020 alle 10:17 pm #14548
- You Are My F*cking Sunshine: A Gratitude Journal for the Sh*t That Makes Your World Happy and Bright by Monica Sweeney : 9781250270412
- The Story of Doctor Dolittle : 9781509868780
- The Sin in the Steel by Ryan Van Loan : 9781250222589
- Binti by Nnedi Okorafor : 9781250203427
- Naturally Tan by Tan France : 9781250208668